[Insight-users] VNL/VXL binary import/export

Stefan.Daenzer at gmail.com Stefan.Daenzer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:15:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm developing an application using ITK 3.12 and MS VS 8.0 on Windows XP.
In this application the VNL vector and matrix classes are used extensively.
I was now willing to write some of these vectors and matrices to files via
the VNL binary I/O. Unfortunately, the corresponding libraries seem not to
be included in ITK 3.12. I get some linker errors about unresolved external
symbols when trying to include vnl headers like vnl/io/vnl_io_vector.h or
vnl/io/vnl_io_matrix.h.

My guess was that the complete VXL library is not included in ITK 3.12, so
I built the complete VXL package on my machine and set the
ITK-cmake-variable ITK_USE_SYSTEM_VXL to true. After building ITK 3.12 with
external VXL again, the same linker errors persist.

Am I missing something here?

regards,

Stefan