[Insight-users] VTK version for IJ testing?

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 04:55:35 EDT 2009

Hi david, (luis, zack, julien, all :-) )

david,

could we consider that the code in IJ does not have to be production
code but can be more of a proof of concept ? My idea is that most of
the IJ reader would care if the code works before checking if they can
make it work faster.
Then, Another option is to check the current version of ITK (here luis
might suggest on good way to do that) in the makefile and
conditionally use one version of the BSP tree or the other. I know for
example that the itkVersion.h files is automatically incremented
everyday. Luis is there a simple and easy way to check that?

When we submitted the Parameterization code, we implemented a plug in
mechanism for linear solvers. The one included in ITK was the slowest
but worked all the time, while TAUCS was 20x faster, but had licence
issues. We submitted with the ITK version by default, documented how
to speed up things, and put it in IJ. It had a warm welcome from
readers/reviewers.

2 cents.

alex.