[Insight-users] Need tutorial tu use Itk with VS2005

Daanen Vincent daanen at koelis.com
Mon Oct 12 09:21:16 EDT 2009

Dear itk users

I'm trying to use ITK (3.16.0) into an already existing application based on
MFC. The problems I have is that as soon as I have to link against an ITK
library, the linker fails which tons of errors about conflicts between
msvcrt(d).lib and libcmt(d).lib.

I searched over the internet and these proposal of solutions :
 - exclude and try to find the good librairies order (MSDN advices)
 - use /FORCE flag
 - recompile itk with different "Use MFC librairies" setting: I tried "Use
windows standard libraires" and "Use MFC in static lib" since in linking
against MFC static libraires

But none of them work.

So I need someone to tell me what I have to do/check to use Itk in a "full
of MFC'ies" project.

Please help, I'm tired to waste my time :(

Vincent Daanen, PhD
D&D Manager

KOELIS
5, avenue du Grand Sablon 38700 La Tronche
www.koelis.com  -  daanen at koelis.com
Tel .+33(0) 476637588 Fax .+33(0) 476637592

CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.

"Les problèmes ne peuvent être résolus par ceux dont l'horizon se limite aux
réalités quotidiennes,  mais par ceux qui rêvent de choses qui n'ont jamais
existé et qui se disent : Pourquoi Pas ?" (J-F Kennedy, 1963).