[Insight-users] BinaryMask3DMeshSource output a mesh in physical space

Quan Chen quanchen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:12:27 EST 2005

I was using itk1.80 until recently shift to itk2.20.  However, my previous
code behave incorrectly.
I just noticed that the BinaryMask3DMeshSource output mesh in physical
space.  Wouldn't it make the DeformableMesh3DFilter working incorrectly?  I
assume that the Gradient image used by the DeformableMesh3DFilter is still
in image coordinate, and the DeformableMesh3DFilter will place the mesh in
the image coordinate.
I believe it is a nice feature to output the mesh in physical space but in
many circumstance, we need the mesh in image space so that we can draw it in
the image directly, or work with other images.  Can we restore the old
behaviour of output the mesh in image coordinate and have two member
function of Mesh, one called ConvertToPhysicalSpace(DstImagePointer)
and ConvertToImageSpace(DstImagePointer).  The second function is used to
restore the physical coordinate representation back to image coordinate.
Probably we should have some flags and functions to return whether the mesh
is currently in PhysicalSpace or ImageSpace.