[Insight-users] Re: how to write a Code in VolView

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 29 07:31:24 EST 2005

Hi Yasser,

The source code for the VolView plugins is available in

             InisightApplications/
                       VolviewPlugins

The architecture of the plugins is described in the VolView
manual, a PDF document that you probably downloaded at the
time you downloaded VolView.

The plugins simply define an ITK pipeline and add a process for
passing the image from VolView as input to the ITK pipeline,
and then take the pipeline output back to VolView.

Notice that there is already a plugin for measuring segmentations,
this is the result of a recent A2D2 project. You will find this
additional plugins in the directory:

            InsightApplications/
                 TumorSegmentationEvaluation/

Please take a look at the source code and let us know if
you have specific questions.