[Insight-users] Re: about fltk: cmakecahe file and error m essage

Ting Chen chenting at graphics . cis . upenn . edu
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:47:43 -0400

HI! Luis

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luis Ibanez" <luis.ibanez@kitware.com>
To: "Ting Chen" <chenting@graphics.cis.upenn.edu>
Cc: <insight-users@public.kitware.com>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: about fltk: cmakecahe file and error m essage

> Hi Ting,
>
> It looks like VC++ is trying to compile the .fl file:
>
>        itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.fl
>
> whose first lines are:
>
>    # data file for the Fltk User Interface Designer (fluid)
>    version 1.0011
>    header_name {.h}
>    code_name {.cxx}
>
> VC++ tries to interpret "# data" as a preprocessor command,
> it fails and complains about it.
>
> This is a configuration problem.
>
> Probably something is wrong with your local copy of the
> CMakeLists.txt file in Examples/RawImageReaderViewer
>
> Your CMakeCache.txt file looks ok though....
>
> Have you modified the CMakeLists.txt file of the example ?
> or retouched the .dsp settings after you open it with VC++ ?
>
> --
>
> Could you do some test for me ? please go to the workspace,
> select RawImageReaderWriter as the active project and then
> go to the tree editor where the sources of the projects are
> displayed. If you click with the right button on the file:
>
>      itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.fl
>
> A small window should popup. Take the "Settings..." option.
> The 'project settings' window should appear  with the tab:
> "Custom Build". In this tab, you should find a text window
> with the actual command that VC++ is supposed to use for
> building this file. In my local copy it looks like:
>
> D:\ibanez\src\fltk\fltk-1.1.0rc5\fluid\fluidd.exe -c -h

D:/ibanez/lib/Insight/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerG
UI.h
> -o

D:/ibanez/lib/Insight/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerG
UI.cxx

D:/ibanez/src/Insight/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerG
UI.fl

my setting is:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Ting Chen\My Documents\My
Work\fltk-1.0.11\fluid\fluidd.exe" -c -h "C:/Documents and Settings/Ting
Chen/My Documents/My
Work/insight_vc/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.h"
-o "C:/Documents and Settings/Ting Chen/My Documents/My
Work/insight_vc/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.cxx
" "C:/Documents and Settings/Ting Chen/My Documents/My
Work/Insight/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.fl"

i am not sure the existence of  " matters

> Which states that 'fluid' will be invoked with the options
> "-c" and "-h" in order to generate the .h and .cxx files.
>
> Also you will see an "output" text box with the names of the files:
>
>    itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.cxx
>    itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.fl

C:/Documents and Settings/Ting Chen/My Documents/My
Work/insight_vc/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.cxx
C:/Documents and Settings/Ting Chen/My Documents/My
Work/insight_vc/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer/itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.h

i think mine is right. the .fl file is used to create the .cxx file and .h
file, not itself
am I right?

hope the information helps

ting

> Please let me know what you find in your project settings configuration.
>

> Thanks
>
>     Luis

> Ting Chen wrote:
> > the error message:
> > --------------------Configuration: RawImageReaderViewer - Win32
> > Compiling...
> > RawImageReaderViewer.cxx
> > C:\Documents and Settings\Ting Chen\My Documents\My

Work\Insight\Examples\RawImageReaderViewer\itkRawImageReaderViewerGUI.FL(1)