[Insight-users] GaussianDerivativeOperator - Wrong computation of derivatives due to wrong cooridnate used in polynomial

Andreas Schuh andreas.schuh.84 at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 12:25:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

Just to let everyone know who might have used, tried to use the
GaussianDerivativeOperator, for instance to compute the Hessian of an image
at particular positions.

As far as I can see, the computation of resulting coefficients of the
derivatives are wrong when UseImageSpacing is enabled due to a wrong
coordinate used in the polynomial. Due to the wrong coefficients, the
resulting values for second order derivatives, are always negative. This was
the case at least for the CT dataset I use.

Please check out the filed bug report for further information:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=10709

Andreas