[Insight-users] Performance regression in ITK + gdcm 2.0 reading DICOM JPEG files

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:00:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

Recently we updated our ITK version from ITK 3.16 to ITK 3.18 and we decided
to relink ITK with system GDCM 2.0. After some tests, we concluded ITK
3.18+GDCM 2.0 is faster than ITK 3.18 reading DICOM Little Endian files,
however ITK 3.18+GDCM 2.0 is rather slower reading DICOM JPEG files. I
attach a PDF file which is a time comparison of ITK 2.8, 3.16, 3.18 and
3.18+GDCM2.0 versions.

I don't know if it's just a GDCM problem or if it depends on how ITK uses
GDCM.

Thanks for your attention,

Roger