[Insight-users] Gradient anisotropic filter time step?

Natarajan CS csnataraj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:27:12 EST 2010

Hello all,
      Not sure if this is a bug or a implementation detail I am overlooking,
I am tending towards the latter, so any info would be helpful !
 I get  the following warning from the
GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter (The filter is being applied to a
256^3 dataset of type short)

WARNING: In
/hpc/soft/natac0/itk/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.txx,
line 78
GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter (0xbc4120): Anisotropic diffusion
unstable time step: 0.07
Stable time step for this image must be smaller than 0.0625

i was under the impression that the ITK implimentation was a explicit method
with the time step requirement for 3D images is <= 1/8 and <= 1/4 for 2D. Am
i completely off-track here?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

C.S.N