[Insight-users] IJ Test that will fail

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 14:22:24 EDT 2009

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification.

A) From your description, it looks like the code is not going
    to get better by keeping it on your side.

    ...and I mean that in a good way...        :-)

    So, I will suggest  that you go ahead and submit it to the
    Insight Journal, and include in the paper a note about your
    observations related to the different results obtained between
    parallel and serial.

    Once the code is in the Insight Journal, it will be easier for
    other developers to look at the code, and make suggestions
    for improvements, (assuming that this is something caused
    by your code), or help locate a potential bug in ITK.

B) Providing and explicit test that compares the parallel and
     serial results will be great.  Given that we know that there
     is a problem there, we may as well expose it clearly so
     we start working towards fixing it.

     I would think that a "failing" test make more sense than
     a "passing" tests in this case.

C)  Thanks for filing the bug report:

       I'll take a look at the problem.