[Insight-users] Re sampleImageFilter and multithreading.

Pete79 pkoniusz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:52:37 EDT 2009

Pete79 wrote:

> Actually, it still happens, although pretty rare (let's say a random one
> out of 1000 files processed causes a crash). I'm not entirely sure yet
> whether this is still down to ResampleFilter or something else. I'm trying
> to nail it down ATM.

OK, current behaviour is that if I launch a thread after thread there is no
problem at all as long as I go for Sleep(10) ms after calling it, so
majority of threads get executed then sequentially. If I limit this time to
1ms, although I allow maximum of 8 custom threads of mine to run, it
occasionally crashes for SetNumberOfThreads(1) set in resample filter. If I
remove this limitation, then it crashes very quickly. This still gives me a
hunch that the actual Update doesn't wait for completion of all threads of
resample filter (or some other wacky behaviour takes place). Otherwise,
there may be still a silly bug somewhere in my own code, although I cannot
see no other reason for this no more.

Pete