[Insight-users] Re sampleImageFilter and multithreading.

Pete79 pkoniusz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:05:18 EDT 2009

Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Thanks for letting us know that you found the root of the problem.

Actually, it still happens, although pretty rare (let's say a random one out
of 1000 files processed causes a crash). I'm not entirely sure yet whether
this is still down to ResampleFilter or something else. I'm trying to nail
it down ATM.

> About your second question:
>      We will need to know more about your processes....
>      Are they running only the resampling of the image ?
>      or do they have other components ?

I'll let you know more a bit later on. ATM, I believe I've improved it
slightly. As threads work with small ROI regions, the parent thread just
spends probably a bit of time on launching and destroying threads compared
to the actual processing time ...

Cheers,
Peter