[Insight-users] How to save the result of itkHessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 21 12:52:14 EDT 2009

Hi zlf,

You may want to try saving that file using the MetaImage or the VTK
file formats.

Both of them would be able to manage pixels with multiple components.

In the case of the Hessian, you are actually generating an image with
six components per pixel. (there is only six, because the Hessian matrix
is symmetric).

You could load those files into Paraview (www.paraview.org) if you
need to visualize them. (probably want to extract their individual
components inside paraview as well)