[Insight-users] Hi everyone about volume fraction from levelset

Wei-Dong Lian weidong.lian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 04:53:36 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am employing LevelSet Image segmentation to segmente a 3D image for a
two-phases material and then predict the volume fraction of each phase. The
problem is that , for example, I know eight levelset values of corner points
of a cube. So theoretically, we could get the zero level set surface by
which the cube was divided into two phases, so we could have the volume
fraction of one phase. Now I am wondering if these exists some formulas to
do this, or in itk these exists some "objects" to calculate the volume
fraction.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Regrads,