[Insight-users] Re sampleImageFilter and multithreading.

Pete79 pkoniusz at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:51:22 EDT 2009

Pete79 wrote:

> Also, if I replace _beginthread and call a thread subroutine n-times
> consecutively, all works perfectly fine. Basically, it looks like there is
> something going on in resample filter that I don't fully get while running
> it from a batch of separate threads managed by myself.

Further, I've tried to chuck the all code inside thread subroutine into
critical sections to force execution of all filters consecutively (like it
happens without multithreading). Alas, it also resulted in the same random
behaviour. I cannot think of any reason. Any ideas how to debug it further?
Could it be that affine transform often requests data from outside the area
of an original image? I guess there is no reason why this wouldn't be
handled though while launched from a separate thread as opposed to the
parent process ...