[Insight-users] Loading DICOM RTStructs

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:13:18 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

  I made a mistake and had a private conversation with Jason Dowling
(CC), without CCing gdcm-dev sorry :(
  He also has been working on a C++ RT Importer using gdcm 2.x. This
has been tested on multilpe platform and gives proper results.
  If you would like we could compare both C++ code and merge them. I
know Jason was really close to making a release to the IJ. Jason, any
comments ?

cheers

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Mark Roden <mmroden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I note that there is now the capability of exporting DICOM RT structs:
>
> http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/316
>
> However, I can't find any information on how to import these structs.
> It may just be that my google-fu is weak, so if there is such an
> example or the like, please let me know.
>
> I've written C# code to wrap around gdcm to go into my own image
> format, so I can use that if I have to, but the conversion would
> probably be irritating since I'm extremely inexperienced with the itk.
>  I'd rather follow some sample code.
>
> Barring that, should I just post my importer to the development list
> to get some help on converting it into an itk C++ class?
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

Mathieu