[Insight-users] Description: itk::ERROR: MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric(0x1db9020): Joint PDF summed to zero

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 8 21:08:02 EDT 2009

Hi John,

Typical suspects are:

1) Your readers are failing to load the DICOM images correctly.

2) The images intensities are not interpreted correctly.

3) The images are not overlapping with the current parameters
    of the transform.

I would suggest you to test for (1) and (2) first.

This can easily be done by connecting Writers to the two readers
that you are using for loading the DICOM images.  Then save
those images in a format such as MHD, that can be easily load
in many applications (Slicer, VV, ITK-SNAP, VolView, Paraview).

BTW, Why is that the other command line arguments do not
have extensions ?

Are they intended to be directory names ?

    Please let us know what you find.