[Insight-users] point set to point set registration using deformable method (thin plate spline)

Tao Dai uniquedai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:14:24 EDT 2009

Hi, list:

I am trying to register two 3D point sets with different length and without
known correspondence, thus I choose ICP. I mostly used the code of "*
IterativeClosestPoint1*.cxx" by replacing the transform type to "*
itkThinPlateSplineKernelTransf**orm*". Tthe ICP went through successfully
but obtained NULL output parameters.

My question is : Is the ICP working with ThinPlateSpline?  I don't see any
problem to use this way but can't figure it out why bad output happens. The
testing data I used are two sets of points, one set is 3D scaled version of
the other.

I appreciate any help and inputs.

Tao