[Insight-users] Transforming a vector image

Jochen Cammin jcammin1 at jhmi.edu
Wed Oct 7 15:28:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a 3D image with pixels of type 3D-vector (which represents the
motion vector field of a 3D image). I apply an affine transformation to
the vector image. But it appears that only the pixels coordinates
are transformed but not the vectors.

For example: The vector field is (0, 0, 0) everywhere except for the
coordinate (10, 0, 0) where the associated vector is (1, 0, 0). The
spacing is unity in all directions. When I rotate the vector image
counterclockwise around the origin by 90 degrees, the coordinate of the
non-zero vector is (0, 10, 0), as expected, but the pixel value is still
(1, 0, 0) where it should be (0, 1, 0).

Doe ITK have a functionality to also rotate the actual vectors of a
vector image? I also tried to define the image with CovariantVectors,
but it makes no difference.

Thank you,
Jochen