[Insight-users] conversion of scan transofmration matrix between different modality

kevin cavin beibeiwen2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 10:37:55 EDT 2009

Hello, Bill:

        At this moment I retrieve the dicom voume from the MR and CT machines and the images are in AVS field format due to internal reasons. Then I use ITK to register the MR and CT volume. I display both of voulme and find the orientation is different. I manually adjust the orientation and get good registration.

        If I understand what you said correctly, if both volume are read in dicom format, the registration should take care the difference of orientation automatically. If so, It will be necessary to retrieve the voume in dicom format.

        But I still do not understand how ITK can deal with issue automatically. Does it mean only the volume in DICOM will work in this way. If the volumes are saved in other format, such as VTK, AVS etc, the application should deal with the orientation transformation.

        More explanation will be appreciated. Thanks ! Since  I am using python instead of C++ to programm, I do not know whether  print command will work in the same way.

Calvin