[Insight-users] Several questions when compile and run ITK/VTK/TCL

Yang Wang dietpaopao at netscape.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:56:56 -0400

Dear All,

I have several questions when compile and build
Tcl/Tk/Vtk/Itk/CSWig/ItkApplication.

Note:     Tcl/Tk are from source distribution of version 8.4.6
              Vtk is from source distribution 4.2

(1) When using Cmake for vtk, I simply can not find the field:
      "VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB", in the Advanced Values, don't know why?

BTW, I am using "Microsoft Visual C++ .NET   69462-270-0000007-18381"
Then I continue to built with CSWig, followed by Itk, finally
ITKapplication. The
built processes are successful, although some warnings exists.

(2) Then I try to run the example
"ITK\examples\Registration\ImageRegistration3.tcl "
    from wish84 shell by typing "source ImageRegistration3.tcl", it says
"can't find package InsightToolkit".
    Don't know why this happens?

(3) I use the Itk as well as ItkApplication soucefiles in .zip format
from the CD-ROM comes with
    the book "ITK Software Guide", however, in the ITK\examples
directory, I did not find the
    file "CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterConnectVTKITK.tcl", is it because
this distribtuion version
    does not have this file yet?

(4) Besides "CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterConnectVTKITK.tcl", are there
any more examples that
    use both ITK, VTK together, in the .tcl format?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yours,
Casper