[Insight-users] Questions about the fast marching and level set filters

Bjorn Hanch Sollie bhs at pvv . org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:29:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Joshua Cates wrote:

> You can use the SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter for applications that only
> care about a single level set (and you will almost certainly get some
> speed advantage by doing so).  I

Thanks for answering some questions.  I've been looking at the
SparseFieldLevelSet filter examples, and as far as I can see, it
requires the potential map (or target image) to have positive values
on the inside of the region and negative values on the outside.  This
is in contrast to the potential map for the ShapeDetectionLevelSet
filter which wants values between 0 and 1.  My queston then is: What
is the best way of making a potential map for the SparseFieldLevelSet
filter from an edge image?  Just do a simple positive/negative
threshold on some grey value?  Are there any recommended (better?)
ways?

-Bjorn
--
The History of the Universe
Chapter 1: Bang!  Chapter 2: Sss...  Chapter 3: Crunch!