[Insight-users] FLTK link problems.

Hans J. Johnson hjohnson at engineering . uiowa . edu
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:46:30 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to build the examples for ITK, and I am having a problem
during the link phase with all programs that require FLTK.   If I
manually edit the Makefiles and add "-lfltk -lfltk_forms.a -lfltk_gl.a"
before the locations where "-lGL" appears, then the compilation will work.

To me it seems like the ${FLTK_LIBRARY} from CMakeLists.txt is not being
filled or processed correctly.

During the configuration stage, I do not know what to put into the
FLTK_LIBRARY option to make this work properly.

 FLTK_FLUID_EXE
/home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/bin/fluid
 FLTK_INCLUDE_PATH         /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/include
 FLTK_LIBRARY
 /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib
but this is wrong because FLTK_LIBRARY should be the full path to a
single library file.

I have also tried

FLTK_LIBRARY
 /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib/libfltk.a
but this results in unresolved symbols from libfltk_forms.a

FLTK_LIBRARY
 /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib/libfltk.a
  /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib/libfltk_forms.a
 /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib/libfltk_gl.a
but this results in an error during the generation of the Makefile from
within ccmake (something like "can not extract filename from
 /home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/athlon/DEBUG/lib/libfltk_gl.aCMakeLists.txt")

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Hans J. Johnson
hans-johnson@uiowa.edu