[Insight-users] compiling flags using build VTK instead of installed VTK

Martin Styner martin_styner at ieee . org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:23:18 +0200

Hi everybody

I found an oddity in the behavior of cmake with itk. When I am using a
locally built VTK instead of an installed VTK, the CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS
will be taken from the VTK part instead of from ITK. E.g. If I am
compiling VTK with '-O2', then I can't get itk to compile without the
'-O2' flag! Well, there is a work-around, I just reran ccmake in the VTK
directory, changed the compilation flags and generated the makefiles (of
course without rerunning the compilation itself). Then I reran ccmake in
the itk directory and regenerated the makefiles and everything was like
I wanted it (no '-O2' for itk).

Is the above behavior (VTK definitions superseeding the itk definitions
for the compilation flags) intended to be like this, or is it an error ?

Martin

--
Martin Styner, PhD. Ing. ETH
Group Head Medical Image Analysis for Orthopedics