[Insight-users] Re: I could not compile code in VC++.

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:30:36 -0400

Hi Jun,

The VC_Custom_project.doc indicates how to start
an external project using ITK. You don't need to
follow this document when you are trying to run
the first examples in ITK. This document is something
to attempt only after you have correctly installed
ITK and tested some of the examples.

CMake follows the hierarchy of the directory tree.
You should not run CMake on subdirectories of ITK.
It seems that you are providing an ITK subdirectory
as Source for CMake. This will not work because
a lot of generic information is configured in the
top level directories.

Please give the top Insight directory as the Source
directory for CMake. The Binary should also be the
top directory where you want all ITK to be built.

Once you configure ITK with CMake, you should find
a file ITK.dsw in the top Binary directory that
you provide to CMake. Open this .dsw file, not any
of the .dsp project files.  From the main .dsw file
you will have access to the examples.

Please let us know if you encounter further problems,