[Insight-users] Using Example - MutualInformationEuler2DRegistration..

Venkat Anand venkat at cs . utah . edu
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:27:58 -0600 (MDT)

Jisung and Luis,

Thanks for your suggestions - i was able to get the registration
working for the images i mentioned earlier after some effort spent in
playing around with the parameters, i increased the iterations and the
translation scale. (A black filled
circle on a white background at a offset position in the moving
image as  compared to the original image).

However this kind of parameter adjustment was feasible coz
i know the end results, are there guidelines for choosing the parameters
for  registration by mutual information..?

Also I have a few more questions regarding the particular example
(MutualInformationEuler2DRegistration):

1. I wanted to save the registered image using the "Save Registered
Image" option, but i get the message saying "Problems saving file format".
I have been using PNG format for all my images.

2. Also i want to take a look at the tranform matrix (I am using
RigidTransform)..is there a way to print this out?

3. Does this application work with raw image formats too?

thanks
Venkat.