[Insight-users] Read DICOM Series Write DICOM Series with a different number of slices

Nicolas Payet nicolas.payet2 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 03:15:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've already posted something similar but I'm still stuck with what looks
like a simple problem...

I read a DICOM series, then resampled it to make it isotropic. My resampled
data have more slices than the original data. Now I would like to rewrite my
data as a DICOM series.

I've already used the example *ImageReadDicomSeriesWrite.cxx* to be able to
generate new names for my series. From what I have read in some previous
posts (for example *Also problem with MetaDataDictionaryArray *posted by Markus
Weigert in May 2006 : it seems that he had exactly the same problem as me),
it seems that I need to add new instances of MetaDataDictionary to the
MetaDataDictionaryArray of my input data. This is confirmed by the fact that
if I just pass the MetaDataDictionaryArray from the series reader to the
series writer, I have the following error message : "The slice number: 13
exceeds the size of the MetaDataDictionaryArray 12".

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

Nicolas