[ITK-users] Measure of geodesic (metric) distances for shape interpolation with deformable registration.

kaiwenw wangkaiwen998 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 15:04:58 EDT 2017

Dear ITK Community,

I was able to code up deformable registration with BSpline.
Now, I'm looking for a measure of metric distances of the deformation. This
will allow me to deform the moving shape along the geodesic (to the fixed
shape) and stop whenever I wish (allowing me to interpolate between shapes).

For example, the result I'm looking for is shown in the image by Rohde et
al., 2007:
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7589962/Screen_Shot_2017-05-20_at_3.png>

They used LDDMM, but ITK does not have LDDMM (which is why I'm using BSpline
for non-rigid registration). If this shape interpolation is not available
with BSpline registration, is it possible with other ITK registration
methods?

Thanks all!