[ITK-users] Creating 3D dome using ITK

sidharta sidharta.gupta93 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:15:36 EDT 2017

Dear Francois,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Say I have a cube with edge length = 16. If I make an ellipse of radius =
8, the dome wouldn't fit in the entire cube, but rather only half of the
cube. So, making an ellipse of radius = 16, and then masking the cube with
the dome would give me what I want (correct me if I am wrong).

2. If 0,0,0 is the origin of the image, I would like to set the transform
such that the center of the ellipse is at 8, 8, -8 so that I get only the
dome in the image with "SpatialObjectToImageFilter".

Using "->ComputeBoundingBox()" and then "->GetBoundingBox()->GetBounds()",
before and after transformation (before would be in local coordinates and
after would be in Parent coordinates), I got the following results for

translation[0] = 0 * spacing[0];
translation[1] = 8 * spacing[1];
translation[2] = 0 * spacing[2];

<http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/file/n38222/New_Bitmap_Image_%283%29.bmp>