[ITK-users] 3D registration problem

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 16 09:17:59 EDT 2014

Hello,

This not the expected behavior for a good registration program.

Is your initialization good?

You haven't shared anything about the registration components you are using. Perhaps you scales are way off? How does the convergence look when monitoring the output?

Perhaps you have too many free parameters? Maybe you are trying to optimize an transform with too many parameters when you are not close. Perhaps you need to do a Translation + Rotation transform such as Euler or Versor first?

Hope that helps,
Brad