[Insight-users] ITKv4 Java Example HelloWorld

IngmarITK ingmar.marquardt at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 10:58:54 EST 2012

Hi everybody,

i've tried the last few days to wrap itk 4.0.0 to java - therefore I've used
this explanation, although many things have changed in the new version:
http://www0.fh-trier.de/~einigd/itkwin32.html

I'm not sure if it was successful, I've just found 22 jar files in the lib
folder after building (org.itk.itkanisotropicsmoothing.jar,
org.itk.itkcolormap.jar, ...). Now I need to make a "HelloWorld"-Example to
test if the wrapping was successful and if I can start working with itk now.

This example doesn't seem to work for version 4:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Release_4/Wrapping/Examples#in_Java
There is rather the package org.itk.io.* in the jar files, nor the classes
itkImageFileReaderIUC2 and itkImageFileWriterIUC2. Or does this mean that my
wrapping was incorrect?

Has anybody a running java example of ITKv4 - that would be great!

Thank you very much,
Ingmar