[Insight-users] BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter information

Kiên Kiêu kien.kieu at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jun 27 03:32:31 EDT 2012

Hi Pietro,

I have never measured Feret diameters on objects from a label map. So
consider my answer with caution. The Feret diameter is the largest
distance between two pixels (voxels) of the considered object. An object
in a label map may be non-connected. This may happen for instance when
the label map is generated from a labelled image. In this case, the
Feret diameter is the largest distance separating two pixels/voxels of
the object, these two pixels do not need to lie in the same connected
component (but they must have the same label). The computed diameter
takes into account the image spacing (pixel/voxel size).