[Insight-users] Compiling ITK 4.1 for iPad

Moritz Dietsche moritz.dietsche at students.fhnw.ch
Thu Apr 5 14:19:47 EDT 2012

Hi everyone

I'm trying to compile ITK 4.1 for the iPad. I have successfully built v3.2 for iPad and v4 for Mac OS and iOS Simulator.

Compilation fails for itkvnl. The first error occurs in vnl_math.cxx at the beginning:

#elif VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITE // VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITE is 1
# include <math.h> // dont_vxl_filter: this is *not* supposed to be <cmath>
# if !VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITEF // VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITEF is 0
#  define finitef finite // ERROR: Use of undeclared identified "finite"
# endif
# if !VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITEL // VXL_C_MATH_HAS_FINITEL is 0
#  define finitel finite // ERROR: Use of undeclared identified "finite"
# endif

What's going on here? I'm pretty new to ITK and don't know much about its inner workings. Maybe there is stuff I can leave out altogether.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Moritz