[Insight-users] problem in debugging ITK

Dawood Masslawi masslawi at gmail.com
Sat May 21 03:48:35 EDT 2011

Hi John,
CMake generates the makefiles native to your operating system and compiler and it has been
adopted in the ITK because of its cross-platform capabilities.
Once you use CMake (correctly) your link and library dependency errors will resolve.
HTH,
Dawood

Hello,

I am using windows 7 and visual studio 2010, and so far I had being using Cmake to run my ITK's projects. But now I am trying to find the ITK's headers file (.h) from visual studio 2010. I have srarted to include my basic header files (for example smthing like these files "ITKImage.h" and "ITKImageFileReader.h"), but every time I was debugging my code, I found a new bug error. This error had to do with .h files declarartion (for example there wasn't any  source file "'vnl/vnl_config.h", and I should put in its place the "vnl_config.h" ). I corrected many of this bugs but I didn't manage to finally correct all the source coe, because I think all of these changes destroyed my source code.

I would like to know what is the reason of using Cmake to run the ITK code? Has it to do with this problem that I had faced?