[Insight-users] deadlock in threaded logger

Kris Zygmunt krismz at sci.utah.edu
Mon Mar 21 14:53:31 EDT 2011

Hello,
     I am in the process of writing a multithreaded filter for ITK and
wanted to use the threaded logger to help me debug my code.  However,
I have found that both itk::ThreadLogger and itk::LoggerThreadWrapper
consistently deadlock.  I noticed also that the tests for these
classes do not actually try to log in a multithreaded environment.  I
have attached my example program and example CMakeLists.txt.  To run
just provide the number of threads as an argument.  I have found that
5 threads is sufficient to cause the problem (./ThreadedLoggerTest 5)

On a brief search in Mantis, I did not notice any bugs related to this
issue.  Am I using these classes correctly?  Are they still supported?

Thanks!
Kris