[Insight-users] About reading palette-grayscale tiff image

yanqiao zhu yanqiao.zhu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:00:26 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I think I have made an stupid mistake. Originally I was using *unsigned char
* as the PixelType and then used GetPixel method to obtain

pixel values. While today I tried to use the RGB as pixel type and then
using GetPixel().GetRed() method to read the pixels. And then

basically the problem is solved.

By basically, I mean, most of the pixel values are consistent with the
matlab reading result. While when I counted the number of pixels

with each value, I found that the number of pixels with intensity 32 in itk
is the sum of number of pixels with intensity 32 and 33 from

Matlab. So the result of Matlab is postponed for one since 32. It is like:

Matlab Result:    n0 n1 n2 ...  n31  n32         n33 n34 ... n253 n254 n255
itk Result:          n0 n1 n2 .... n31 n32+n33   n34 n35 ... n254  0
n255

where n0 is the number of pixels with intensity 0, and so on.

I am wondering what may cause this problem.

*Any ideas?*
*
*
*Thanks.*