[Insight-users] Dear All, how to add the external dependencies required by ITK to my own project

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:14:55 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Wei Sun <sunweimail at foxmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I created a new project in vs2010 and try to use ITK in this project.
> However, the necessary .h files by ITK are not included in my project. How
> can I add all the external .h files which are required by ITK to my own
> project?
> The following is the two situations with and without these external .h
> files.
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Wei Sun

You need to use CMake.

You can get an example CMakeLists.txt file from any of the examples here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples

Page 29 here shows how to use it to link your project to ITK:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.itk.org%2FCourseWare%2FTraining%2FGettingStarted-I.pdf&rct=j&q=itk%20cmake&ei=1vk4TZCrCJPfgQfvm9jyCA&usg=AFQjCNFxT_AcbJl5TOtDlPfoiPIR6k_RYQ

You can learn the idea of CMake from the "CMake" presentation here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Presentations

Good luck,

David