[Insight-users] Reading .dcm dataset

paniwani paniwani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:29:16 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm having problems reading a series of 2D dicom data and writing them into
a 3D volumetric analyze dataset. I'm following the example in the software
guide "Examples\IO\DicomSeriesImageWrite2.cxx" exactly but continue to run
into an error. My dicom files are in a "dcm" directory in my build folder
with file names as follows:

mr10_061_13p_i0001.dcm
mr10_061_13p_i0002.dcm
mr10_061_13p_i0351.dcm

While debugging, I've isolated the problem to the GDCMSeriesFileNames,
particularly the line:

nameGenerator->SetDirectory( argv[1] );

The error is:
"Error: In ..\..\..\..\Utilities\gdcm\src\gdcmDocument.cxx, line 1170,
function g
dcm::Document::ParseDES
Could not skip using group length for tag:"

What does this error mean? How can I properly load the dicom data? Thanks in
advance.