[Insight-users] ITK 3.20 + gdcm 2.0.16 (with VTK support) = cmake config problem

Mario Ceresa mrceresa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 06:57:38 EST 2010

Hello all!
I have the following error during ITK 3.20 compilation on Fedora 14 x86_64:

CMake Error at Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt:115 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for shared library target
  "vtkmetaio".

These are the cmake parameters used for the build:

cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON \
       -DBUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON \
       -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING="Release"\
       -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=OFF\
       -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF\
       -DITK_USE_ORIENTED_IMAGE_DIRECTION:BOOL=ON \
       -DITK_IMAGE_BEHAVES_AS_ORIENTED_IMAGE:BOOL=ON \
       -DITK_USE_CENTERED_PIXEL_COORDINATES_CONSISTENTLY=ON \
       -DITK_USE_REVIEW:BOOL=ON \
       -DITK_USE_PATENTED:BOOL=OFF \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_TIFF=ON \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG=ON \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB=ON \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_LIBXML2=ON \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM=ON \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_VXL=OFF \
       -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_EXPAT=ON .

It seems that the variable VTK_INSTALL_LIB_DIR_CM24 is not defined.
I use gdcm 2.0 from the Fedora repositories. It has the vtk support enabled.

I would be very grateful if you could help me on the subject :)

With best regards,

Mario