[Insight-users] Measuring tumor diameter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 17 18:53:44 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately the two measures that you indicated
are not sufficient for estimating maximum diameter,
nor volume of a tumor.

For further reading about clinically accepted
measures of tumor size, you want to look at:

RECIST Criteria:
(Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors):
http://imaging.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/imaging/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_Evaluation_Criteria_in_Solid_Tumors