[Insight-users] Permute Order in MultiResMIRegistration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 17 12:10:41 EDT 2010

Hi Rahil,

Please read the documentation of the class at:
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FlipImageFilter.html

      "The image is flipped across axes for which array[i] is true."

http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1PermuteAxesImageFilter.html

     "The elements of the array must be a rearrangement
      of the numbers from 0 to ImageDimension - 1.

     "The i-th axis of the output image corresponds with
       the order[i]-th axis of the input image."

If you pass [0 1 2] as parameter, then the output image will be identical
to the input image.  If you pass [1 0 2] then the output image will use as
X axis, what used to be the Y axis of the input image, and will use as
Y axis, what used to be the X axis of the input image.

Note that in general, you should NOT use the flip / permute
filters. Particularly not if you are using medical data.