[Insight-users] CMake config problem: ITK + GDCM 2 + VTK

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 05:55:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have the same problem reported in this thread:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2010-March/035903.html, but any
solution was published. I would like to continue the discussion.

I'm trying to compile ITK 3.18 with GDCM 2.0.15. I compiled correctly GDCM
2.0.15 with VTK 5.6 but when I set to 1 the ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM option this
CMake message error appears:

CMake Error at Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt:104 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for shared library target
  "vtkmetaio".

In the mentioned thread, Brad King proposed a test:

"
Edit ITK/Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt to add some message()-s
in this top block:

IF(VTK_VERSION)
  SET(METAIO_FOR_VTK 1)
  MARK_AS_ADVANCED( METAIO_FOR_VTK )
  SET(METAIO_NAMESPACE "vtkmetaio")
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERRORO "ITK IS NOT VTK!")  # ADD THIS LINE
ELSE(VTK_VERSION)
ENDIF(VTK_VERSION)

Does CMake hit this?  Are you pointing ITK at a VTK? "

I tested it, and yes, CMake hits this.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Roger