[Insight-users] Question about the implementation of itkMedianImageFilter

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:42:59 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a couple of question about the itkMedianImageFilter
implementation. I tried to figure this out by looking at the code but
got lost...

1: Is the filter kernel moved over the image in a sliding fashion i.e.
say I have a kernel that is 3x3x3. How is that kernel moving across
the image? Do I process one 3x3x3 block and then move 3 voxels along
one of the axes or do I slide one voxel across the axes?

2: Also what ahppens at the edges? Does the filter process the pixels
at the edges?

I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks,

Anja