[Insight-users] How to build a 3D image from 2D images ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 19 11:16:28 EST 2010

Hi James,

Regarding (2):

    Yes. Once you compose the 3D image with the Tile Filter,
    you can save it in a file by just using the ImageFileWriter.

    You will find many examples of this class
    in the ITK Software Guide:

                http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

     and in the directories

                     Insight/Examples/IO
                     Insight/Examples/Filtering

Regarding (3):

     You can visualize the resulting image
     with any of the following packages:

               A)   Slicer (www.slicer.org)
               B)   ParaView (www.paraview.org)
               C)   VV (http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/rio/vv)
               D)   InsightApplications/SNAP
               E)   InsightApplications/ImageViewer

     If you are dealing with Medical Image,
     then Slicer (A) is probably the best option.

      Also,
      you could write you own visualization by using VTK.

      Se for example:

        InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk
          itkReadITKImage3DExtractContourVTK.cxx
          itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx