[Insight-users] different variations of demons registration

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Feb 18 04:11:07 EST 2010

Hi Zoltan,

Yes, there might be some differences related to border effects,
smoothing steps, rounding issues and so on. See e.g.
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=7351
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3973

My experience would favor the use of
FastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter vs
SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter since I tried to make it as
stable as possible.

As a side note you might want to try the command-line tools provided in either
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/644
or
http://www.nitrc.org/projects/brainsdemonwarp/

They both provide easy means of comparing many demons versions.

Tom