[Insight-users] Apply filter only on a specific region ?

steve harris steve.harris18 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 06:48:54 EST 2010

Hello again,

I open again this subject because of what Louis suggested.

> or even use the SetRequrestedRegion()
> of the Median filter directly.

I was also interested in this methods so I quickly tried it but without success..

I didn't manage to find how to set the SetRequrestedRegion of the median filter directly ?
That's what I tried:

    start3[0] = 0;
    start3[1] = 0;
    start3[2] = 0;

    size3[0] = 20;
    size3[1] = 20;
    size3[2] = 20;
    wantedRegion3.SetIndex(start3);
    wantedRegion3.SetSize(size3);

mySimpleImage->SetRequestedRegion(wantedRegion3)
neighRadius2[0] = 1;
neighRadius2[1] = 1;
neighRadius2[2] = 1;
median->SetRadius(neighRadius2);
median->SetInput(mySimpleImage);
median->Update();

But when I display median->GetOutput() all the image has been filtred and not only my requested region...

Do I'm missing something ?

Regards,
Steve