[Insight-users] How ITK handles non-equal spacing images

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 03:28:40 EDT 2010

Hi Jay!

That approach is called 2.5D. It was common 10-15 years ago, but it is no
longer common because you basically ignore information using it. I also deal
with similarly anisotropic images (0.625 in x and y, 4.4 in z). And yes, low
Z resolution is a pain in the butt, but if you restrict yourself to sequence
of 2D slices, good results become harder to achieve.

But reading your arguments, I can see the point - I haven't given it much
thought until now. And I don't consider myself to be an expert either.

Regards,
Dženan