[Insight-users] Fitting shapes to extract cylinders

Arunachalam Kana Kana.Arunachalam at fh-wels.at
Wed Apr 7 10:11:13 EDT 2010

Hi User,

Need some advice from the itk image processing users .

My problem: I have 100's of cylinders (object) of varying length but same diameter in a raw image.

The diameter of the object is constant and known.

I would like to fit some shape to extract the cylinders (Ex: A cylinder with object dia but shorter height, Or Disc shape with object dia,

Or a Sphere with object dia).  I would like to know which are the ways available in itk to achieve this. It would

Be helpful if you could give some examples for the proposed ways.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kana Arunachalam Kannappan

Research Associate