No subject

Wed Oct 7 22:37:18 EDT 2009

1. Gradient vector field

2. Anisotropic diffusion of gradient vector

3. Gradient vector flow

4. Hessian matrix

I calculate the gradientimage using itkGradientImageFilter. I use
itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter

to directly calculate the gradient vector flow as it is given the diffusion
is already inbuilt in

itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter.

I use QVTK for visualisation. The image is loaded as vtk image. To apply

itk algorithm, i convert the vtk image to itk image using vtkKWEITKImage.cxx

from vtkedge. The same file is used for itk image to vtk image for display.

typedef itk::Image< T, 3 >   InputImageType; //input image type

typedef itk::Image< float, 3 >   OutputImageType; //outputimage type

/// cast filter which converts any inputimage type to outputimage type

typedef itk::CastImageFilter <InputImageType, OutputImageType> castType;

castType::Pointer castfilter = castType::New();

// image is vtkKWEITKImage object

castfilter->SetInput( dynamic_cast< InputImageType * >( image->GetITKImage()
) );

//itk vector image declaration

typedef itk::CovariantVector<float, 3> VectorPixelType;

typedef itk::Image<VectorPixelType, 3> VectorImageType;

//calculate the gradient vector of image

typedef itk::GradientImageFilter <OutputImageType, float, float>
GradientType;

GradientType::Pointer gradient = GradientType::New();

gradient->SetInput(castfilter->GetOutput());

gradient->Update();

//calculation of gradient vector flow from diffused gradient vector

typedef itk::GradientVectorFlowImageFilter<VectorImageType, VectorImageType,
double> VectorFlowType;

VectorFlowType::Pointer flowfilter = VectorFlowType::New();

flowfilter->SetInput(gradient->GetOutput());

//observer of algorithm execution for time

p->Observe( flowfilter );

//the image object is updated with output image from flowfilter

image->SetImage( flowfilter->GetOutput( ) );

image->Modified();

flowfilter->ReleaseDataFlagOn();

return EXIT_SUCCESS;

Questions:

1. I would like to know whether itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter computes
anisotropic diffusion or gaussian diffusion ?

2. I want to visualise the gradient vector flow as arrows. How can i achieve
this visualisation?

3. If there is any example, which would help me fully or partially I would
like to know.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kana