No subject

Wed Oct 7 22:37:18 EDT 2009

 =A0 Insight/Code/Review/<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter.h<br>
provides the functionalities that you are looking for.<br>
This class is described in the following Insight Journal paper:<br>
_blank">http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/57</a><br>
Please take a look and let us know what you think,<br>
Otherwise we could point you to other of the<br>
BSpline implementations in ITK.<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 Regards,<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Luis<br>
-------------------------------------------------------------<br>
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Amy C &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mathematical.co=
ffee at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">mathematical.coffee at gmail.com</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m after some sort of B-spline class, but I&#39;m not sure what t=
o use.<br>
&gt; I have a spline that is a linear combination of cubic (uniform, center=
ed)<br>
&gt; b-splines, it maps from R^(image dimension) -&gt; R.=A0 ( spline[px] =
=3D sum(<br>
&gt; coefficient[px]*b-spline[px] ).<br>
&gt; In this case, instead of interpolating a set of numbers, I -know- the<=
br>
&gt; coefficients(/control points) and knots of the spline. More or less, e=
ach<br>
&gt; pixel in the image contains a coefficient/control point (or every n pi=
xels,<br>
&gt; where n is an integer) and I&#39;d like to evaluate the spline.<br>
&gt; I guess I just need some object with the following properties<br>
&gt; - set coefficients(/control points)<br>
&gt; - set knots ( or spacing? )<br>
&gt; - evaluate the spline at every pixel<br>
&gt; - calculate the derivative<br>
&gt; - will be used in a loop - will recalculate coefficients each loop<br>
&gt; - need to convolve the coefficient &#39;image&#39; and possibly downsa=
mple every now<br>
&gt; and then<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; At first I thought of just using a normal array to hold the coefficien=
ts<br>
&gt; etc, but the last two points suggest I should use something within ITK=
. I<br>
&gt; was thinking of making an object that is more or less an itk::Image (f=
or the<br>
&gt; coefficients) with an Evaluate/EvaluateDerivative method.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Does anyone know of a class that does this already? (Set knots, set<br=

&gt; coefficients, evaluate both spline and derivatives, where the spline i=
s made<br>
&gt; up of bsplines?) BSplineInterpolateImageFunction seems closest, but it=
&gt; calculates coefficients to fit the input image, while I know the<br>
&gt; coefficients and just want to calculate the derivative/values.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Amy<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Powered by <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com" target=3D"_blank">www.ki=
tware.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-users" target=
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>